Below are some plugins we recommend for our hosting clients which will help secure their websites:
- Wordfence - An endpoint firewall and malware scanner that were built from the ground up to protect WordPress. We recommend everyone to use this.
- Login IP & Country Restriction - Restrict login to your Wordpress from allowed country only. This is useful if your users are limited to a few countries.
- Sucuri Security - If you are super paranoid about security, you can also install this on top of Wordfence. This provides some reports which are not in Wordfence.
- MainWP - This plugin really helps if you manage multiple Wordpress websites. It allows you to manage multiple Wordpress website in a centralise location. This will help you keep all your plugins and themes up to date.
- Loginizer - Plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed.
- FraudLabs Pro - If you are doing ecommerce, this plugin will protect you from malicious fraudsters.